Blogger Widgets

miércoles, 13 de febrero de 2013

Idioms with birds


BIRD
  • as free as a bird = free, without worries
  • a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush = más vale pájaro en mano que cien volando
  • the early bird catches the worm = al que madruga Dios lo ayuda
  • birds of a feather flock together = Dios los cría y ellos se juntan
  • to kill two birds with one stone = matar dos pájaros de un tiro
  • to eat like a bird = eat very little
  • a bird's eye view = a vuelo de pájaro
  • an early bird = a person who arrives or gets up early
  • a bird of ill omen = un pájaro de mal agüero
  • as the crow flies = in a straight line
  • a little bird told me something = expression used to say that you know something but you will not say how you found out  = me contó un pajarito
We thank Marcela Bitetto (from Buenos Aires, Argentina) for her suggestion.
Exercise
Choose the right answer.
1. I don't want to go round and round. I only want to go 
2. Thomas is never late at work. He always arrives at 9 o'clock, I guess he really is 
3. I need to go to the bank. I think I will also go to the post office on my way. I want to  
4. Sheila was offered a better salary at a new company, but she's afraid of changing. She said to me, 
5. You are really  ! Yesterday you said Paul was going to have an accident and he was hit by a car! Unbelievable! 
6. Tina and Mary are all the time together chatting about other people. You know the saying,  
7. Now that I retired, I feel  . 
Score: 
    
http://www.saberingles.com.ar/idioms/animals/bird.html

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario